Personal Access Tokens (PATs)
GitKraken Boards and GitKraken Timelines has sunset at the end of 2022. The below information and features may be out of date. Please read our full announcement and FAQ to learn more.
Personal Access Tokens (PATs) are a great way to quickly create a scoped token that you can use to call our API.
Generating a PAT
To create a PAT, visit the PATs tab.
- Click Create a new PAT
- Enter in the information into the form
- Name is for your reference only
- Scopes grant different levels of access to your various data types.
- Click Create PAT
- You now have credentials that can be used to make calls to our API
- This is the only time you can see the PAT, so make sure you have saved it before leaving this page.
- The PAT is sensitive information that you should protect accordingly. If you need to, we provide an easy way to delete the PAT.
Asking a user to generate a PAT
If you're developing an app that requires a PAT, link users directly to the new PAT page. You can pre-fill the values of certain fields for your users' convenience by attaching the appropriate query parameters.
|name||string||A name for the PAT|
|scope||string||Comma or space delimited list of scopes.|