Glo's Slack integration connects your boards with your Slack workspace to create a collaborative workflow to manage your projects without leaving Slack.
Synchronize team communication with your project's issue tracking to spark chance interactions and innovations.
- Display tasks, discuss resolutions, and create new Glo tasks all from within Slack
- Create a Glo issue card from a Slack message on-the-fly in Slack
- Update card title, description, assignees, labels, and the column of a Glo card in Slack
- Easily share and collaborate on tasks to advance your project without skipping a beat
Installing Glo Boards Slack Integration
To install the Glo Boards Slack integration, click the handy button below:
From the Slack app installation window, review the permissions and click .
You will be redicted to your GitKraken login where you may review access privledges and authorize the application.
After clicking , you will be dropped into Slack - equipped with Glo Slack features!
You'll find a message from @Glo Boards to help get you started with Slack Integration features.
Glo Card Links
Copy Link of your Glo card from within your Glo board.
Head on over to Slack and paste the link into a Slack message. This brings your Glo issue card to the very same place your team is already discussing bugs and code review!
Links you post to Slack will unfurl with a card preview image including:
- Card name
- Associated labels
- Due date
- Task number and progress bar
- Indication of a linked PR
The card description is included in the post, as well as current column association and board name.
Edit Glo Card
Select from the unfurled link to make changes to your Glo card from within Slack.
A modal of the card will allow you to:
- Edit card Name
- Edit card Desription
- Add Labels association by clicking the textbox to populate a list of available labels to select. Remove by selecting the X next to each label name.
- Add Assignees by clicking the textbox populate a list of members of the board to select. Remove by selecting the X next to the users' name.
- Advance the card to a new Column by toggling the dropdown arrow for a list of columns associated with your Glo board.
Selecting in the lower righthand corner of the modal will save your changes. Your edits will reflect on your Glo board and in Slack immediately.
View Pull Request
After linking your Glo card to a GitHub Pull Request, click in Slack to be redicted to GitHub to view the PR.
View Glo Card
Selecting on your unfurled card link in Slack will redirect you to your Glo board in a new browser tab.
Your Glo card details panel will be in focus on your board. All changes made from in Slack will immediately reflect on your board.
Create Cards in Slack
/createcard slash command creates a Glo card from within Slack.
Call the command by typing
/createcard [card name].
Sending the command will provide you with a card creation modal to specify
Board, and card properties:
- Card column
- Associated label(s)
- Assignee(s) to the card
The button will complete the card creation. The link of the newly created card will unfurl in your current Slack channel.
Create from Slack message
Developer attention is the scarcest resource on the engineering team; make good use of it by creating a Glo card directly from a Slack message to address an issue while the conversation is happening.
Message Actions menu of the Slack message that you'd like to write into a Glo issue card:
- Hover over the Slack message, click on the
Message Actionsellipsis, and select
Create a card.
- The contents of the Slack message will populate as the Glo card's Description. Name the card and
Select a Boardto add the card to.
Select to add this new card to the relevant column, associated it with labels, and assign collaborators to take on the issue - all without leaving Slack!
Once the card is created, Glo will unfurl the card link into the same Slack channel where the message that created the new card originated. Your team will never skip a beat!
If you do NOT see option to Create a card from the Message Action menu, select More message actions from the bottom of the menu to select from the list of actions available in your Slack workspace.
@Glo is at your service to send you Slack message notifications whenever you are @mentioned on a Glo card.
@mention Glo notifications are enabled in Slack by default. To update this preference, use the
/glo command in Slack to Update Settings.