Setting Up A Webhook
Now that you understand a little bit more about webhooks, let's walk through setting up and managing a webhook inside of Glo.
To manage a webhook, select a board and navigate to the icon. Click on it and select Webhooks:
Note: The Webhooks option under Board Settings will only be visible if you are an
Admin of the selected board.
Adding a webhook
To add a new webhook, click the Add Webhook option:
You will then need to fill out a few configuration options in order to utilize your webhook. These settings are:
Used to identify a webhook.
Tip: If you plan on making multiple webhooks, be sure to provide unique and descriptive names for your webhooks. This will help to quickly identify your webhooks from the webhooks panel.
When checked, the webhook will send out deliveries when the hook is triggered. Unchecking this box will disable the webhook from sending out deliveries.
Note: If no owners of the board have a Pro account, the board can only have 1 webhook. If at least one owner of the board has a Pro account, the board may have up to 10 webhooks.
This is the URL of the server that will receive the webhook
This checkbox will appear for Payload URLs that contain
https and will be checked by default.
application/json (Default): This will deliver the JSON payload directly as the body of the
application/x-www-form-urlencoded: This will send the JSON payload as a form parameter called
Setting a webhook secret allows you to verify that
POST requests sent to your payload URL are from Glo. In the webhook
POSTrequest, there will be a
x-gk-signature header which will contain a hash signature (should start with
sha1=). Once your server receives a payload from Glo, it can use this signature to verify that the request came from Glo.
- Select All: This option will select all available webhook trigger events.
- Board: Selecting this option will cause webhooks to be triggered when a board is archived, deleted or renamed. Additionally, this will also trigger when board labels and users are added, removed or modified.
- Column: Selecting this option will causes webhooks to be triggered when a column is added, moved, archived, deleted, or renamed.
- Card: Selecting this option will cause webhooks to be triggered when a card is added, copied, moved, archived, or deleted. Webhooks will also be triggered when any fields for a card are changed (such as a label being added to the card).
- Comment: Select this option will cause webhooks to be triggered when a comment is added, deleted, or updated.
Editing and Managing a webhook
To edit your webhook, click the icon in the top right corner and then click Webhooks.
You should now see the webhook panel. Click the webhook name to be taken to the Manage Webhook pane where you can access Recent Deliveries for your webhook.
Click on any of the delivery ids to access the Delivery Details. In the first section we see the delivery ID, Status, Created Date and the Delivery Seconds.
Next we can see the delivery Request Headers and Body. This is the data you are sending to the server.
And finally, we see the Response Headers and Body. These details show what the server responded to your request. In this example, notice the delivery returned a status of 404 and there is now an option to .
Deleting a webhook
To delete a webhook, open the Webhook panel from Board Settings and select the icon. A prompt will appear confirming the deletion.