New Pro Purchases
Follow this reseller guide for purchasing and user license management information.
1. Create an account
First, create a GitKraken account using your reseller email address by navigating to https://app.gitkraken.com/register
Do not use the GitHub option. Fill out the form instead.
Do not enter end-user information on the registration form. Resellers should register with their own email.
If you make GitKraken purchases for multiple customers and already have a GitKraken account, choose to Sign into an existing account and continue onto Step 2.
2. Create New Organization
After account creation, navigate to the left user panel and select New Organization under Organizations.
Find the user count associated with the customer request and select .
3. Enter Organization and Billing Details
Note: GitKraken Pro only accepts credit card payment.
However, invoicing is supported for GitKraken Enterprise. Contact our Sales
To complete purchase, input:
# of Users: Number of licenses for the customer
Organization Name: Organization of the customer
Payment information: Reseller billing details
Once the purchase is complete, you will be emailed a copy of your receipt.
The customer will NOT receive any user license information until you add them as a user. Continue through Step 6 to provide the customer access to the purchased license.
You will be met with the modal shown below. Select Back to account and continue to Step 4.
4. Change your license type
Once purchase is complete:
Navigate to the left user panel of your account and select the customer Organization Name under Organizations.
In the Users tab, edit your
Ownerlicense and check the Does not use a license box.
This will make the license available to be allocated to the customer.
5. Allocate license to customer
To allocate the licenses to the customer, select the correct customer Organization from the left user panel and navigate to the Users tab.
- Enter the customer contact email address
- Click Assign Role and then select
- Click again to finish
If the customer has requested the reseller allocate all of the end-user licenses, repeat the process listed above for each end-user email address with the Assigned Role as
Owner: All permissions granted. No one but the owner can remove the owner. After initial purchase, this role should belong to the customer.
Admin: Can add or edit users and manage billing. Recommended for resellers and/or company purchasers.
User: General user.
There are no keys or license files to share with the users. Instead:
- Users that have been added to the subscription will receive an email invitation from GitKraken with relevant instructions.
- Users will download GitKraken and use their credentials to log-in.
- They will see Pro features and status once they log-in to the client with their email address from the subscription.
6. Transfer ownership to the customer
The paying customer must maintain full ownership of account - however, remaining on the account as an
Admin allows a reseller to execute upgrades and renewals on the customer's behalf.
Transfer ownership of the account to the customer:
- From the left user panel, select the correct customer Organization and navigate to the Settings tab
- Click Transfer ownership to make a customer who you have already added to the organization the new owner
- Your Role will automatically default to
Being an Admin on the account allows you to provide quotes and execute updates and yearly renewals on behalf the customer.
If the customer does NOT want a reseller listed on the GitKraken account beyond initial purchase, reach out to our Sales team for assistance with yearly renewals.