GitKraken Boards Release Notes
Behold the evolution of GitKraken Boards! Find out what’s new, what’s fixed, or just take a trip down memory lane with a nostalgic swagger, remembering those bugs of yesterday.
GitKraken Boards Release Notes 9/24/2020
We’re giving ourselves Most Improved 🏆for this latest release to GitKraken Boards, bringing you MAJOR performance improvements.
Just cherries 🍒 on top of an improvements sundae. 🍨
- Automation can now be added to GitHub-synced boards.
- The import tool can now be used to import into existing boards.
This release is all about the improvements… 💯
- Users can now enjoy significant performance gains when working with GitKraken Boards.
- Drag-and-drop functionality has improved.
GitKraken Boards Release 8/20/2020
Things are heating up with the latest GitKraken Boards release; it might feel like you’re getting hit with a firenado of epic new features. 🌪🔥 (In a good way…)
- We have expanded the import tool to include more options! Users now have the ability to import CSV files to create new boards.
- New export tool! Users can now export GitKraken Boards as CSV files.
- Users now have the ability to add column dividers from the column menu.
- Clicking a link to a board on a mobile device will now open the GitKraken Boards mobile app.
- When a card is open, users can now click the card ID to copy the card’s link.
- When a task is converted to a card, the task will remain in card details and will hyperlink to the new card.
- Users may now be added to an organization if they are part of a board that is assigned to an organization they are not yet a part of.
GitKraken Board Release 7/30/2020
Are you sitting down? The latest updates to GitKraken Boards are so epic, you might just collapse with glee.
- Users now have the ability to collapse columns. Click the arrow icon to the left of the column name to see the column collapse.
- Users now have the ability to convert tasks into cards.
- Card counts per date are more visible when in Calendar View on the mobile app.
- The Trello Importer tool will now auto-generate a prefix for your imported board and will apply that prefix to all cards on the board.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- If a card has been moved from one board to another, you will now see the “moved card from X board” activity notification when in single-page view.
- Long-string text will now wrap in the Comments section when in single-page view.
- If using GitKraken Boards in VS Code on Windows, clicking “Sign in with GitHub” or “Connect to GitHub” will now open a browser tab to confirm authentication.
GitKraken Board Release 7/14/2020
We’ve imported some incredible new features, improvements, and bug fixes into GitKraken Boards, including a brand new way to Trello and a revolutionized Home Screen.
Introducing the Trello importer for GitKraken Boards! Users now have the ability to copy over Trello boards with complete card details into GitKraken Boards. Users can access the Trello importer from the Home Screen, and then select which Trello boards to import and which fields you want copied over.
We have introduced a new Home Screen, which provides access to:
- Trello importer
- Starter board templates
- Create new board
- Recent boards
- Connect to GitHub
- GitKraken Boards Resources
- Users can now use global search to search for boards and cards within their organization.
- The celebration automation feature 🎊 is now available for more events.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Clicking on a user’s gravatar on a GitHub-synced board will filter by user.
- The Activity panel will show a card title when the activity entry is adding or removing a card reaction.
GitKraken Boards Release 6/30/2020
We’re giving you more opportunities to 🎶express yourself🎶 with the latest updates to GitKraken Boards for task and issue tracking.
- GitKraken Boards now supports custom label colors. 🌈
- Users can now drag a card to the left Boards Panel to move that card to another board.
- Email and desktop notification links will now open in single-page view.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Users will now receive an email notification if an action is triggered by automation.
- Cards will always load after switching boards.
- Card reactions are now visible on archived cards.
- Calendar feed entries now include a link to the card, rather than a link to the board.
- When in timeline view, clicking the board view icon will take you to board view.
- Users can edit a task with markup.
GitKraken Boards Release 6/17/2020
We’re swelling with PRIDE with the latest updates and improvements to GitKraken Boards. 🏳️🌈
- We have added a search filter to the labels section.
- Columns with automated actions will display a blue dot 🔵 next to the automation ⚡️icon at the top of the column.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Hitting enter multiple times will no longer cause the addition of multiple cards.
- Column automation can now be seen in public boards.
- Users will now be able to reconnect immediately after disconnecting a GitHub-synced board.
GitKraken Boards Release 6/2/2020
With a little help from The Kraken Who Lived, GitKraken Boards got some magical new features in this release. 🧙♀️✨We bring you: Column Automations.
You can put your wands away. This feature will have you feeling like you’re shooting magic from your fingertips... 🤯
Introducing Column Automation. Users now have the ability to create automated actions for columns on a Board. Certain actions can be triggered when a card is moved into, leaves, or is created within a column, or if it stays within a column for a certain amount of time.
Available Column Automations actions include:
- Adding labels, assignees, milestones, and due dates
- Removing labels, assignees, milestones, and due dates
- Moving a card to the top or bottom of the column
- Archive a card
Users can access a column’s automation settings by clicking the ⚡️ icon by the column title.
- New drag-and-drop functionality for GitKraken Boards! Users can now drag-and-drop to add labels, milestones, and assignees to cards.
🤓We took our studies at Hogwarts seriously, and it has paid off. We might even pass the O.W.L.s.
Through the GitHub Actions integration, users can now specify where to move cards based on which branch the card’s pull request is merged into.
Board search results for large data sets will now populate instantly without delay.
Bug Fixes 🐛
Not even Hagrid wants anything to do with these bugs. 🙅♂️
- Users can successfully create a GitHub-synced board with more than 500 repositories.
GitKraken Boards Release 5/13/2020
We have no filter for improvements to GitKraken Boards - we just keep them coming!
- The card search filter now supports OR conditions. Use a comma to separate values.
- The option to click Open card on board is now shown as a blue bar on the top of the page when viewing a card from single-page view.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Image attachments added from GitHub issues can be viewed successfully in GitKraken Boards.
- Images will now be added to a card’s description at the cursor position.
- All image links are now supported and will display as expected.
- Users can now successfully download attachments from cards open in single-page view.
- The ⬆️⬇️arrows will work to navigate through cards when a filter is applied.
- Users can successfully duplicate a card with more than 50 comments.
- Cards can be created with labels that contain emojis using the quick-add feature.
- Users can cancel out of editing a comment without having to type something first.
- Markdown tasks that have been added as comments can now be checked off/on.
Update - 4/23/2020
Ah...can you smell the flowers?! 💐 Glo Issue Boards has blossomed up some brilliant new features to make our Slack integration even sunnier. 🌤
To enjoy these updates, please set-up the Glo for Slack integration.
/glo-searchSlack command followed by
[searchText]allows users to search all boards for individual Glo cards.
/glo-info Slackcommand will generate information about and feature highlights for the Glo for Slack app.
/glo-createSlack command will create a new Glo card.
Update - 4/14/2020
🐰Better late than never! The Easter Bunny has come to bring a basket filled with epic new Glo features, improvements, and bug fixes.
The newest features to Glo Issue Boards are truly egg-ceptional. No hunting required.
- Card IDs have been added to individual Glo cards. You can manage your Card ID prefix, and whether Card IDs display, in Board Settings. Users can now search by Card ID in both board and global search.
- Timeline view is now available in board groups.
- Individual Glo cards now have the option to Open card in new tab. Also if using Glo from the browser, use keyboard shortcut t to accomplish this action.
Get hoppy 😃by enjoying these latest improvements to your favorite issue tracking boards.
- Users can now use keyboard shortcut v to cycle between Board, Calendar, and Timeline views.
- If viewing a Glo card in Slack, clicking the card link or Edit/View Card buttons will now open the card in single page view in a new tab.
- Users can now use keyboard shortcut ; to copy a card link when the card is selected.
- Code styling colors have been updated to green in both Dark and Glo Themes, and pink in Light Theme.
Bug Fixes 🐛
We’ve got no place for this bug in our carrot garden. 🥕
- The @mention feature is now working for teams.
Update - 3/23/2020
Feel free to get attached to these epic updates to Glo Issue Tracking Boards. 😉They aren’t going anywhere.
To enjoy these updates, please set-up the Glo for Slack Integration. If you already have the integration set-up, you will need to reinstall to access the new attachment feature from the create card model.
- When users create cards from a Slack message that includes a file, the file will appear as an attachment on the Glo card. If the attachment is an image, it will display as the card’s cover image.
- Upon the first attempt of using this feature, you will receive a message prompting you to reinstall the Glo for Slack Integration.
- When a card is created from a Slack message, the card preview in Slack will now include a link back to the original message.
- The dropdown menu for creating a card in Slack now displays board groups.
- When creating a card from a Slack message, blockquotes from the message will now render correctly in the card’s description section.
- When selecting your desired column in Slack, the column modal will now order column names by the order they appear on the board, instead of ordering them alphabetically.
Update - 3/19/2020
The latest updates to Glo Issue Boards are sure to improve your task tracking, whether you’re working from the office or from home. 🏡
In these trying times, we all need a little extra support...
- A ? icon has been added with a menu that provides users access to the GitKraken support site, Slack community, referral rewards, release notes, and the feedback form.
- Keyboard shortcut B now opens and closes the boards panel.
Your social calendar might be lacking, but your Glo calendar view is getting a makeover.
- In calendar view, dates in the past will appear faded out.
- In calendar view, users can now drag & drop a card into the Card List side panel to remove its due date.
Bug Fixes 🦟
We’ve sanitized Glo Issue Boards to protect from these bugs.
- Users will no longer encounter an infinite loading spinner when two cards have the same PR attached.
- If you are adding a task to a card with an unsaved description, adding the task will no longer clear unsaved data from the description section.
- If a card is moved to another board, the card’s link will be properly updated in Glo’s notification section.
- Users added to a board that has been previously synced to GitHub are now able to add cards to said board.
Update - 1/28/2020
🏈Touchdown! These updates to GitKraken Glo Issue Boards are sure to score points with our users.
To enjoy these updates, please set-up the Glo for Slack Integration.
The Glo team really went the whole nine yards to bring you this epic update.
- Users can now create cards directly from a posted Slack message through the More Actions menu in Slack.
Isn’t this improvement tail-great?!
- Now, when adding or editing a Glo card from Slack, users have the option to multi-select labels and assignees, making it possible to add multiple labels or assignees at the same time.
Bug Fixes 🐛
We’ve blitzed this bug out of the game!
- Cards will unfurl in Slack if the first character in the card title is an emoji.
Update - 1/14/2020
We didn’t waste any time acting on our New Year’s resolutions for GitKraken Glo Issue Boards, comin’ in hot to 2020 with these improvements and bug fixes.
2020 is the year for a new, and improved, GitKraken Glo.
- Now, when navigating directly to an individual card, the card details will load immediately.
- Board dashboards will now display an icon for public boards.
- Now, hovering over
Deleteon an action menu will present a red background.
- We have updated the Glo tab favicon.
Bug Fixes 🐛
To reach your potential in 2020, you have to purge anything that’s holding you back.
- Attaching an image in a card’s comments section will no longer produce errors in the console.
- Webhooks will trigger successfully when moving cards via pull requests.
- When someone who does not have a GitKraken account is invited to a Glo Board, they will only receive one confirmation email notification.
- Users can now successfully create labels through the quick-add action if the label name contains an acute accent.
- Adding a comment to an issue on a GitHub board will no longer display ghost images on the activity panel.
- Clicking on the
View Cardbutton from the notifications panel will now close the panel when viewing on mobile.
Update - 12/19/2019
We’re heading into 2020 with a bang courtesy of these updates to GitKraken Issue Boards. Grab a glass of champagne, sip, sit back, and enjoy. 🥂
To enjoy these updates, please set up the Glo for Slack Integration.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Mobile users will now see the card name displayed in Slack instead of “This content can’t be displayed” when they receive a Slack notification through an
- Users will no longer see a “Card or board not found” message in Slack for cards with long URLs.
- When a link to a Glo card is posted in a thread in Slack, the link will only unfurl in the thread.
Update - 12/12/2019
And since we’ve no place to go...let it Glo, let it Glo, let it Glo. ☃️
These new additions will bring even more cheer to the most wonderful time of the year…
The notification system in Glo has been completely revamped with major improvements to ensure you never miss an important update, and to give users more control over the notifications you receive.
- The notifications panel has been redesigned to allow filtering and grouping, and to mark all notifications as read. No notifications? No problem. You might just get a visit from Keif.
- New notification settings per board can now be accessed from board settings, allowing users to select which Glo actions they wish to be notified for and how often.
We have provided the option to enable desktop push notifications for Glo. These can be enabled in account settings → notification settings.
- Please note: this feature can only be enabled through the browser version of Glo and cannot be accessed through the GitKraken Git GUI.
🎅🏼We ho-ho-hope these improvements will leave you merry & bright. 🎄
- The account settings section has been redesigned. Now, when you click on your gravatar in the upper right corner, you will be redirected to a new page to update related settings.
- Users will receive a warning notification if the due date on a card is after an associated milestone’s due date.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- When adding a label or assignee to a card on mobile, they will now be saved correctly.
Update - 11/26/2019
Go 'head and skip Black Friday shopping this year - these updates to GitKraken issue boards are the best deal around. 🛍
To enjoy these updates, please set up the Glo for Slack integration.
- Now, when you
@mentionsomeone in a card’s description or comments, Glo will send a message to that person in Slack. The Slack message will include who mentioned them and what they said.
- Cards added through the Glo for Slack integration will now display on your board at the top of the desired column instead of at the bottom.
Update - 10/31/2019
Because sometimes, the best form of expression can only be found in your emoji keyboard. 😜
GitKraken issue boards: now with emoji reactions! 👍👎✅❤️
- Users can now use limited emoji characters to react to card details. The thumbs up 👍, thumbs down 👎, green check mark ✅, and red heart ❤️are available for users to use to react to cards and comments. Simply click the Add reaction icon in the related card sections.
- Now, when a card is linked to a pull request, the PR number will display in the card’s Pull Request section if the section is collapsed.
- After expanding the card’s Milestone section, users will now see a ⚠️ Days past due message noting the numbers of days since the milestone’s deadline.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- The gravatar of a card creator will still appear on the card, even if that individual has been removed from the board.
- Ctrl + K will open global search when a user’s mouse is focused on the Boards panel.
- Clicking on the calendar icon after unarchiving columns no longer causes Glo to crash.
- Users can now successfully add more than one label containing a space in the label name when using the
#shortcut when creating a new card.
Update - 10/22/2019
If your team is anything like ours at Axosoft, you depend on Slack for communication and collaboration (and hopefully your custom emoji game is on par). Our team recently made our Glo Boards for Slack Integration THAT much better with some epic improvements.
The new Edit Card button provides access to additional fields for editing your Glo cards directly from Slack. The button will open a modal giving users the ability to edit the card name, add or edit the card description, labels, assignees, and column.
The modal for editing cards includes sections for adjusting the card’s assignees and labels.
- The assignee section contains a dropdown menu showing all members of the card’s board, with a ✔️showing which members have already been assigned to the card.
- Additionally, the menu now shows both the member’s name and Glo username. Similarly, the label section contains a dropdown menu showing all available board labels, with a ✔️to indicate existing card labels.
Milestones will now appear on the Slack card preview for cards associated with Milestones. They will appear beneath the card title, showing the Milestone name with a flag icon. 🚩
A pull request icon will appear in the bottom left of card previews on any card linked to a pull request on GitHub. Additionally, the Slack preview will include a View Pull Request button which will link you directly to the pull request on GitHub.
Update - 10/17/2019
Halloween is not the only holiday coming up on the calendar. The latest update to GitKraken’s issue boards will help you manage all of your days, even Day of the Dead. 🌺💀🌸
Users can now integrate Glo boards with external calendar feeds to track issues alongside the rest of your busy schedule.
- Navigate to your Board Settings and select Calendar Feeds to begin setting up the integration. After adding a name for your calendar feed, you may filter by board members and/or labels. Once your calendar feed has been created, simply copy the URL to import into your Google calendar, iCal, or other calendar service account. Only cards with due dates assigned will populate to your calendar feed.
Update - 10/10/2019
The recent updates to GitKraken issue boards are so good, they’re practically haunting… 🧟
Whether it’s Friday the 13th or All Hallows Eve, this new feature will ensure you never miss an important date again. 👻
- Milestones can now be seen in the Calendar View.
💀Like Jack Skellington getting Halloween Town ready for the best day of the year, we’ve polished up Glo with these improvements.
We have improved the readability of the dashboard UI. Users can now see counts of both columns and cards side by side on a clearer background.
We have removed the gear icons from the labels, assignees, and milestone sections on card details. Users can now access label, assignee, and milestone settings in the board settings panel by clicking the links
Manage labelsfound under the related card section.
We got our Krueger claws out to slash these bugs to shreds. 🕸
Only users with appropriate permissions can add or edit card descriptions.
The text in the search panel will clear after selecting a new user to add to a board in the user panel.
We have fixed the memory leak issue affecting dashboard charts.
When working in Glo through a tab within the GitKraken Git Client, users no longer have to click inside of the tab UI to utilize search.
Update - 9/24/2019
It’s important to set goals, but you won’t get very far if you don’t know how much work and time it will take to accomplish them. The latest release to GitKraken’s Issue Boards will set your goal-setting on FIRE with the addition of Milestones & Dashboards. 🔥
“You don’t need to be a genius to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.” -Michael Dell
Users can now view all boards within a board group in one UI with the introduction of Dashboards. On your left board panel, simply expand the dropdown from any board group to see the Dashboard option. Click Dashboard to see all boards from that group populate as a dashboard in Glo, where you can quickly see card counts by column and activity for each board.
Users can now create Milestones to associate to specific cards on a Glo board. Access this feature via your board’s settings, where you can create a Milestone by adding the name, targeted completion date, and description. After the Milestone is created, it will function similar to a label in Glo, and you can assign that Milestone to any card within said board.
Best part? This feature integrates with GitHub Milestones, allowing you to seamlessly track big project goals across platforms. 💥
“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” -Socrates
- On a card’s Files & Images section, we have added a
Deleteoption for removing files.
Update - 9/11/2019
This latest release to our GitKraken issue boards will have you seeing double…the fun.
- Users can now use a set of project template boards for frequently recurring projects. Furthermore, users can create duplicates of boards, including columns, cards, and attachments.
- Organization and Visibility have been combined into one section under board settings. The section is now called Security.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Users can now successfully type a date into a card’s Due Date field, rather than just select it from the dropdown calendar. Furthermore, hitting Enter after typing the date will no longer revert back to today’s date.
Update - 8/29/2019
The GitKraken team brings you a Link Between Worlds with the latest Glo Release, bridging the beautiful land of Glo Boards with the exciting GitHub universe.
Power - New ✨
Link’s Magic Meter is registering off the charts with these legendary Glo updates (thanks Great Fairy!).
- Users now have the ability to link pull requests from GitHub repos to Glo Boards, allowing you to organize your task cards in Glo based on the live status of your pull request in GitHub.
Courage - Improved 🙌
We brought in the Hero of Time to help us with these Glo improvements.
- Non-admin members of a Glo board can now change the board’s background image for their view only by selecting the box that says Hide this board’s background image (for you only) under background images settings.
- If, while editing a card’s description, a user moves to another card without saving changes, a notification will pop-up alerting the user of the unsaved changes and giving them the opportunity to return to the previous card to complete and save changes.
- When a user drags-and-drops an attachment onto a card, the drop zone area will turn green.
Wisdom - Bug Fixes 🐛
Princess Zelda and the six sages have sealed Ganon and his bugs in the Sacred Realm.
- Signing out of Glo with the description of an archived card open will no longer cause a continuous refresh of the page.
- Users can now successfully view cards containing
[ ]in the card’s task titles.
Update - 8/21/2019
- Create Glo cards from Slack
- Use card links to generate card previews in Slack
- Update card assignees, labels, and the column of a card your currently viewing in Slack
Update - 7/25/2019
We’ve hit it out of the park with these Glo improvements and bug fixes. ⚾️
- The board avatar list, shown to the right of the board name, will be ordered by current user followed by users who are most active on the board.
- Users can now use
@mein a board’s Fuzzy Finder to filter cards assigned to you. You can also use
@meto mention yourself in a card’s description or comment section.
- Public boards will now sync all activity for any users not logged in to Glo.
- Added extensive Unsplash stock photo library for custom board backgrounds.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- When someone clicks a generated card link, the correct card will be selected in view, even if the cards above it have cover images.
- Applying filters will no longer negatively affect drag-and-drop functionality.
- When a card is moved to another board, users subscribed to the card will now receive an email notification.
- Organization information will now be included on email notifications.
- Users will no longer encounter an error clicking on the gear icon of public boards that they are not a member of.
- When you archive a board, public settings will be turned off.
Update - 7/11/2019
Glo Boards are shining just as bright as the US Women’s World Cup trophy with these improvements and bug fixes.
It’s hard to beat gold, but even with Glo at the top of our game, we still found room for some improvements.
- Users will enjoy much better performance when working on boards with large data sets 🎉
- The Files & Attachments section will always appear in card details, regardless of whether you have an existing attachment to the card.
- When adding or editing a board name, you can now save by hitting the Return/Enter key.
Bug Fixes 🐛
Yellow card! We call foul on these bugs.
- Users can now successfully add a board to a board group in the Create Board modal.
- After searching for
Label:in the fuzzy finder and hitting Search all boards link, the search filter text will no longer display in the global search modal.
- Users can now successfully search for labels that begin with symbols, not just letters.
Update - 6/26/2019
Eleven has closed the gate, but Glo is still getting out into the world with public boards!
Surely you’ve seen stranger things than cover images for cards and background images for boards. But with all of these visual updates, you might feel like your world has turned upside down. Don’t worry, it’s not all darkness; our new global search will help you escape the demogorgon!
- Glo users can now customize individual cards with cover images. To set a cover image for a Glo card, simply drag and drop the image file on top of the card or attach the image as a file, scroll down to the Files & Images section in card details, and click
Set Cover Image. Supported file types include:
- Shed the light! Glo is now equipped with global search functionality, making it easy to search boards and cards. Start typing into the search bar at the top of Glo and related search results matching board or card titles will auto-populate.
- Announcing public Glo Boards! Users can now share boards publically by sending a link; similar to Google Docs, anyone with the link can view the public board, but only members with edit permissions can change content.
- Enjoying the board background images we recently released? We’ve uploaded even more GitKraken options for you to choose from, including: Lunar New Year, Pride, GitWorld Maze, and more.
Bug Fixes 🐛
Our team employed our telekinetic Glo powers to zap these unwanted monsters into oblivion.
- Users with editing permissions can now delete their own comments.
- When you add file attachments to cards from the Comments section, the card detail panel will now accurately show a Files & Images section containing the uploaded files.
- Card due dates will remain when archiving or unarchiving columns containing those cards.
- Users can now delete a column while the archived card panel is open, without causing Glo to crash.
- Users will now receive an accurate notification message after renaming a board.
Update - 6/14/2019
We’re showing off our Glo Pride with this release, and are giving users more opportunity to strut your personal style. ✌️💜🏳️🌈
”The things that make us different, those are our superpowers.” -Lena Waithe
- Glo users with Paid accounts can now set custom background images for Glo Boards! Simply click the Change Background button on the bottom right of your board to either set a custom image via a URL or select from one of the fun GitKraken images available.
- Users can now view card details directly from the archived panel.
“You want to be the pebble in the pond that creates the ripple for change.” - Tim Cook
- When creating a board, users can now use the Ctrl/Cmd + Enter keyboard shortcut as an alternative to clicking the Create Board button.
- When searching for a board, the number of boards matching the search filter will appear in the group header as (1), (2), (3), etc.
Bug Fixes 🐛
“I learned a long time ago that I wasn’t going to get anywhere trying to be someone I’m not.” -Laverne Cox
- The related activity will now be shown after moving or copying a card to another board.
Update - 5/30/2019
With our latest Glo release, we’re adding some great new features and improvements to improve your workflow. Glo get em’ All Star. 🤩
- Users can now use the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl/Cmd + k to search and open boards.
- Users can now use the Keyboard Shortcut c to quickly open the Add Card prompt.
- When creating a new board or editing an existing one, users can now create new groups directly from the Board Group field entry.
- Users now have the ability to edit tasks directly from the task list.
- The archive panel performance has improved when loading large data sets.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Now, if GitHub boards are out of sync and you receive an error message, the
Connect to GitHubbutton directs appropriately to resync your boards.
- GitHub login and other external links are now working properly inside of the VS Code Insiders edition.
Update - 5/14/2019
With this latest release, we hope we’ve helped you reach ALL those #SquadGoals with the introduction of Organizations and Teams. Jumping team high-fives!
Now with Organizations and Teams, companies using Glo Boards can:
- Create Teams to easily add/remove groups of users to boards
- Create and manage members of teams and organizations
- Secure Glo boards to ensure only organization members are invited to boards
Upgrade to Pro to use these features!
- Users can now edit board names on GitHub-synced boards even if they are not directly connected to GitHub.
Bug Fixes 🐛
We love teams, but too many bugs can cause an infestation. So we’re kicking these offenders out of the league!
- We have fixed an issue with editing descriptions on assignee fields that was causing a browser crash.
- Users can now create new columns from the Add cards modal in calendar view.
- Users can now create new columns from the Move in modal.
Update - 4/18/2019
The glow from Thanos’ gauntlet stones is one to be feared...but the shimmer from the new Glo features and improvements is cause for rejoice.
Introducing board management! Click Create a Board Group on the left panel to designate a group for the selected Glo boards.
Drag-and-drop to move boards into a group, and similarly, drag-and-drop to ungroup.
Easily rename or delete your groups by clicking the vertical ellipsis icon and then Rename or Delete.
Like the technology on Wakanda, these Glo improvements are sure to impress and delight. T’Halla!
Menu icons for the User Menu, Board Settings, and Notifications are now better organized in the upper-right corner instead of horizontally across the top.
You can now access Archived Boards from the User Menu on the top right.
The Calendar View icon has also been moved to the upper right corner of your workspace.
No need for Fury! Checkout these Vision(ary) bug fixes to streamline your Glo Boards experience.
Bug Fixes 🐛
You can now edit a label in Glo on a GitHub-synced board.
When searching for archived columns or boards in the Archived panel from Board Settings Archived, switching between the
Cardstabs will now properly clear the previous search filter and related search results.
Webhooks no longer show
F1as the card name when adding a label to a card.
Update - 3/25/2019
These new Glo API call options and bug fixes are 🏀MADNESS🏀! Check out what the team has been working on to improve your Glo experience:
- [API] We’ve added API endpoints for adding, editing, and deleting labels. So you can change up your bench at any time. ⛹️
- [API] 🤗 Get the whole squad involved! You may now use the API to add batches of cards (up to 100), not just individual cards.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Column webhooks will now display all of their information including created_by and created_date. SLAM DUNK! 💥
- Inactive webhook notification emails will now include the board name in the subject line. Hook shot FTW! 🙌
- ⛹️Dealing with an unwanted Sixth Man? In relation to GitHub Sync, if you remove a user as a collaborator, Glo will correctly remove them from the board. The user will still be able to view the board, but cannot make any changes.
Update - 3/7/2019
The Glo in the eyes of the White Walkers is getting brighter...
We have added API functionality for adding, updating, and deleting boards. It will seem like straight magic—no warlocks required.
Glo cards can now be copied and duplicated on boards that are synced with GitHub issues. Braavos!
- Glo cards will now display dates with the year, if the year in question is earlier than the current year. Historical context can be as valuable as Lannister gold.
This will apply to the following fields:
- Dates on activity items.
- Date card was created.
- Dates on comments.
- Dates on notifications.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- iPad users now have the ability to move and copy cards from a card’s dropdown menu. Just look for the three dragon eggs...
- Battle of the Bells! The bell notification indicator is now working properly.
- Now, when you receive an email notification, the link will direct you to the board you were invited to, not the home page. We know how important it is to have clear directions...or you could end up north of the Wall.
Update - 2/20/2019
The red comet has colored the skies above us. The eggs have hatched and we prepare for what is to come...
- We get it; when you’re royalty, you need to delegate, and you don’t have time for typing. Thanks to the new autocomplete dropdown feature, users can simply use shortcuts
#to select from a dropdown menu of assignees and labels when creating a card.
Inviting the wrong house flag to the party can result in dire consequences.
User Invitewill only show members of your organization and members of other boards you’re part of.
Order can determine many things, like whether one becomes queen or not. When you wish to
Copy Toa card, the dialog now displays the column by order on the destination board.
Bug Fixes 🐛
The courtship between GitHub and Glo is escalating with these fixes:
- GitHub Sync boards will now show long comments.
- GitHub Sync Users will no longer receive an error message when adding a card with edit permission.
- GitHub Sync boards will no longer show up twice if renamed.
- GitHub Sync boards will no longer show in
viewmode after being un-archived from GitHub.
- If you’re GitHub account is already connected to another Glo account, you will now receive a message letting you know which Glo User the account is connected to.
Finally, we’ve fixed our ravens. After updating your Glo account to a new email, your old email will no longer receive a notification.
Update - 2/7/2019
- If you can dream it, you can build it. New APIs for Glo are now available.
- It's now faster to drag and drop between long lists.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Error begone! Duplicating a card after the card was part of an unarchived column will no longer trigger an error.
- After having a heart to heart conversation with it, the i icon on a synced board will now show information.
- Restoring a column from the archived section will no longer produce a
500 error. Let the restoration continue.
Update - 1/28/2019
- We have added autocomplete suggestion for the filter bar on assignees and labels.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed the crash experienced by other users on a board when restoring an archived column.
- Downloading a non-image attachment will no longer throw an error after moving card to a new board.
- Hitting the browser's back function will no longer trigger a "card not found" message when switching boards by clicking on a link inside comment field. Super specific, I know 🔍
- The @mention menu will now disappear if you scroll within the card details panel.
- Duplicating card with multiple attachments now links to the correct attachment.
Update - 12/20/2018
- Added the ability to copy a card to another board from Copy To
- We made speed boosts for typing, opening card details, and drag & drop in large boards.
- The Account panel will now persists through a refresh.
- Similar to above, the Notification panel will persist through a refresh.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- The View On GitHub option will now take you to the correct URL in Calendar View.
- Renaming labels in a GitHub Sync board will no longer desync the board.
- Changing a user's role while having the card details panel open for a synced board will no longer crash app.
- "Moved card" notifications now link to the correct card.
- Fixed the issue selecting text when creating a card in Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Corrected task count totals for tasks with a space after the dash.
- Deleted archived cards will no longer linger and demand a page refresh from you.
Update - 11/30/2018
- Webhooks are now available for board
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed memory leak that occurred when switching boards.
- Fixed notification links that broke when a card moved to another board.
- You may now add #labels that contain the
/character via title add.
@mentionwill now display user name as tooltip on hover when name contains a capital letter or special character.
Update - 10/18/2018
- The card details panel can now be resized on tablet devices.
- Input boxes for renaming cards, columns, and boards now save instead of reverting text changes if you click away.
- The Board Settings panel will now persist through refresh.
- [GitHub Sync] You may now delete an empty column if there are archived cards still associated with it. These cards will also be deleted.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed board names sometimes not displaying correctly in the subject line of board invite emails.
Add cardnot working on tablet devices when in calendar view.
- Fixed UI not providing feedback when dragging attachments to cards on Firefox and Safari.
- Fixed Archive panel not being scrollable on Firefox.
Update - 10/3/2018
@mentionsare now highlighted in card descriptions and comments.
- Glo will now alert you when you're disconnected from real-time sync.
- Added a link to reload the app in the New Version Available notification.
- [GitHub Sync] Issues created from GitHub will now land at the top of the main sync column instead of the bottom.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed columns load issues containing a large amount of cards.
- Fixed crash issues when real-time sync was re-connected while a card was open.
- Fixed email validation under User Settings Profile not accepting emails with a TLD longer than 5 characters.
- [GitHub Sync] Glo will now create a card for a reopened GitHub Issue that was closed before the board was created.
- [GitHub Sync] Board owners can now delete a synced board even if owner is not currently connected to their GitHub account.
- [GitHub Sync] Disabled the ability to delete a column when a column has archived cards, instead of silently failing.
- [GitHub Sync] Fixed GitHub users sometimes getting listed under both the "Current Board Users" and "GitHub Collaborators" sections.
Update - 9/13/2018
- Calendar View added to all Glo boards, which show cards on calendar based on due date value.
- We added more date filters based on
- You may now dismiss system notifications.
- Labels dropdown menu on cards will now show checked labels at the top.
- Due dates are now visible on cards without having to open it.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed crash that occurred when a card was moved to another board as you were dragging it.
- Fixed the
/keyboard shortcut to focus the filter input.
- Fixed the list of boards being cut off in the Move Card popup on mobile.
- Fixed drag/drop visuals in Safari.
- "Due date changed" notifications will now link to the card.
- Font size has been corrected on mobile when opening a card.
xbutton to clear a due date on a card now works in Firefox.
Update - 8/17/2018
- Cards now support due dates 📅
- Filter cards with due dates by using
has:duedateand cards without due dates using
- Sections in the card details panel are now cleanly collapsed when empty.
- On synced boards, the GitHub icon now links to the repo on github.com.
- Added the ability to reset your password on mobile.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed issue where activity would only show 1 label or assignee when multiple were added.
- Board Activity panel now correctly updates if you switch boards while it is open.
- Clicking a card link pointing to a deleted board will no longer error out.
- Attempting to move a card to a column that has just been archived now shows an error message.
- Fixed issue causing dropdowns to be cut off in mobile.
- Fixed issue causing long users list to get cut off in Firefox.
- Fixed issue creating new accounts on mobile.
- Fixed duplicate card creation when quickly pressing
VS Code Fixes
- Fixed issue with login not persisting after fully closing VS Code.
- Fixed issue where Glo tab would reload every time it gained focus.
Update - 7/24/2018
- Like a seasoned chief of the pre-crime division, you now have the ability to move cards to different boards.
- Having trouble accessing old memories? You can now archive, view, and unarchive boards.
- Timing and order of events is everything, so the assignee dropdown lists in card details should now show the current assignees first.
- Historical records of duplicates are important, so duplicate card activity now includes a link to the original card.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- For those times when you're on the run, mobile UX updates were made.
- No need for a minority report; comments should no longer be out of sync when a card is duplicated.
- Precogs know all, so changing a user's role will no longer create undefined activity.
- Duplicates need to be investigated too, so duplicating a card should now subscribe the user to the new card.
- Still waiting on those retinal scanners, but your browser should now close when the GitHub login succeeds.
Update - 7/9/2018
- Ditto transformed! You may now duplicate cards in Glo.
- Nurse Joy is always close by. She left you a link to the
Manage accountsite under Profile and Password.
- We visited the name rater, and GitHub synced columns will now be named
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Gengar's Mean Look 👁🗨 kept users from leaving a GitHub synced board. We gave it a Roar 🦁 and sent it away.
- Get the badge count right! The card count under Archive Columns will now update if you delete an archived card.
Update - 6/28/2018
- Set the cadence! You may now change the frequency of mobile notifications from User Notifications Mobile Settings 🔔
- Molto Allegro! 🎻 We've improved the ~~tempo~~ speed for Show all activity card option.
- Need a cue? In-app notifications will now always link to the card in your Glo board.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- [GitHub Sync] Watch the conductor! Creating a card with a label in the title will now sync the label with GitHub 🔄
- Users sometimes encountered a
Card Not Foundmessage when using the Back button to close a card. Backstage access has been restored 🎉
Update - 6/18/2018
- You may now invite non-Glo users to your GitHub synced Glo boards 🍻
- New sexy Glo theme available under your Glo settings ✨
- Filtering received a speed boost ⚡️
- Pressing the keyboard shortcut
/will now focus the search bar.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- It looks like boards were blank on the initial load when launched inside of Gitkraken. This has been fixed!
- We addressed the crashing that occurred after adding a label and then selecting another board. 🌈
- Glo's Copy Link misbehaved by copying the current board instead of the board link you meant. A little timeout has restored order.
- You may now type a
?in the "add card" title input without popping the Keyboard Shortcuts panel open.
- Sometimes comments would not load when you follow a link to a card without a refresh. You should see them now when you try again 💬
- Task checkboxes will no longer shrink when label line wraps.
- We fixed the crash that occurred when clicking a link to a deleted Glo board.
- Users should no longer receive
@mentionsnotifications for boards they're not in.
- Adding a new column will no longer crash other users on the same board.
- User filtering has been fixed for GitHub synced boards.
- You may now join GitHub synced board as collaborator by clicking on the join link. Yay! 🎉
Update - 5/1/2018
- Quickly add an assignee or label to new cards by including
#labelin the card title to conveniently pre-fill these fields 🌈
- You may now Delete Card tasks directly from the Tasks List section.
- Bring it back! You may now unarchive a card by dragging the card into a column 👼
?to open a modal displaying the currently support keyboard shortcuts.
- We added support for
Lkeys for changing the currently open card.
- Glo will now display a confirmation message after successfully deleting or archiving a card ✅
- Glo will post a notification when a new version of Glo is available ✨
- [GitHub Sync] Quickly invite GitHub collaborators to a synced board via Board Settings > Users
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Have yourself a Rhapsody in Blue! You may now add blue and light blue labels 🎹
- We fixed the error caused by double-clicking on the
xicon to remove a label from a card.
- Fixed users with
Viewrole being able to see and click the
Assign yourselflink on cards.
- Fixed display issues in notifications with long board names.
- We also fixed the scrolling issue in the board list in Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Fixed display issues in the repo select dropdown when creating a GitHub-synced board.
- Performance improvement for showing the delete/archive card prompt 🚄
Beta Update - 4/19/2018
- GitHub Sync now available to every Glo user 🎉
- Added a Copy Link menu option to boards in the board panel 🔗
- You may now upload multiple attachments at once 📄
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Notification emails for updating card labels or assignees now include a link to the card in Glo 📧
- Left and right arrow keys no longer change your selected card when an input is focused.
- The board panel now scrolls to newly created boards if they are out of view.
- Having the
Delete cardprompt open no longer hides the card's details.
- When uploading attachments over 10MB, Glo now displays error information instead of getting stuck in a broken state.
- Turning on
Show all activityon a card should no longer hides old comments.
- It looks like the UI didn't update when you opened a card and changed the column from the dropdown menu. That's fixed. 🛠
- If you're linked to a board you were invited to, the link will now correctly open that board instead of leaving you in the “No board open” state.
- [GitHub Sync] Import now works on boards with more than 30 labels 🎨
- [GitHub Sync] We've improved the loading performance for the Create a Synced Board dropdown menu.
- [GitHub Sync] Fixed the double slash typo in the link.
Beta Update - 4/16/2018
- Users will now get a browser tab indicator for unread notifications 🖥
- Notification bell now shows a count of important notifications (such as @ mentions and board invitations) 🔔
- Attachment viewer now shows the uploader's name and the upload date 📎
- [GitHub Sync] Glo will now show import progress when creating a synced board
- [GitHub Sync] Added visual indicator when cards go out-of-sync, which also has a button that re-syncs those cards.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- App no longer crashes if it was left alone for a while with a card open 👻
- You can now remove a board owner who hasn't accepted their board invitation yet from the board ✄ 🥀
- [GitHub Sync] Images added to cards on Glo no longer show up as broken images on GitHub 🖼
Beta Update - 4/6/2018
Ctrl + Enter(or
Cmd + Enterin OS X) when creating a card will immediately open its card details.
- You may now change the currently open card via arrow keys ⬆️ ⬇️
- Filter cards via description (using
- Added link to manage notification settings from the Notifications panel.
- For Glo accessed via GK/Atom/VSCode, we added a button to open Glo in the browser ↗️
- Glo now shows issue number next to title for GitHub synced cards 🎉
- You can now filter synched cards via GitHub issue number (either by itself or with
- If viewing a GitHub synched card, we added a View On GitHub option to the card menu.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Assignees in the edit assignees dropdown are now listed alphabetically.
- Fixed weird scrolling behavior that sometimes occurred when opening the prompt to delete a comment.
Beta Update - 3/27/2018
- Added in-App file/image viewer for attachments
- You may now access a copy link from card menu.
- Archive column management now available.
- Updated board UI. It's sleeker!
- We added a Markdown cheatsheet link when editing description or adding comment.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- When using a touch screen with mouse the drag and drop breaks. No more!
- Editing username or email will now update in a snap.
- User who disable notification will now NOT get notification on their cards.
- User name and image will now display if user was removed from a board.
- Images will no longer append to tasks lists if user edited description then added image next to a task.