GitKraken Release Notes
Behold the evolution of GitKraken! Find out what’s new, what’s fixed, or just take a trip down memory lane with a nostalgic swagger, remembering those bugs of yesterday.
Monday, June 17th, 2019
Start your engines and prepare to blast off with our v6.0 perf improvements. You’re going to want to buckle your seatbelts...Nic Cage is at the wheel. ⏩⏩⏩
No need to keep Tabs on this journey. Launch systems are a go. 3. 2. 1…... 🚀🚀🚀
- TABS...sip, ah. The speed and performance improvements involved in v6.0 has finally made switching between multiple repos in the form of tabs possible! Users can also use Tabs to switch between repos and Glo Boards.
- If a merge conflict exists between your source and the target branch, a
Merge Conflict Detected!error message will now directly appear in the pull request template panel when attempting to initiate a pull request.
Like a Nascar pit crew, our team spruced up the physical performance of GitKraken to achieve peak racing form. Prepare for lightspeed… 🏎💨
- The startup time of GitKraken is up to 2.3x as fast!
- The application size has been reduced by approximately 100MB for MacOS users.
- It will feel like taking a Buggati for a spin. Checkout in LFS is now 14x as fast!
- Newly created pull requests will display much faster.
- Toast notifications have been moved from the upper right corner to the lower left corner of the central UI to avoid blocking important information.
- File History and Blame views load up to 20x as fast! Top that Usain!
Bug Fixes 🐛
Flash! We’ve zapped these slow pokes out the way! ⚡️
- Users will no longer encounter the error message
Cannot read property isGitHookError of undefinedwhen finishing a release branch through GitFlow.
- Commits will no longer appear detached from their respective branch if a child commit’s date is older than the parent’s commit date.
- Self-hosted remote services with a domain containing a custom port or path will now be supported through GitKraken’s integration feature.
- All folders in Tree View can now be expanded.
- When using the Bitbucket.org integration, duplicate repositories will no longer appear in the clone menu.
- When using the Azure DevOps integration, repositories will be listed alphabetically on the clone menu.
- Users with their
inputwill no longer have line endings converted to
CRLFwhen resolving a conflict.
- Submodules will no longer be not initialized after discarding submodule changes.
- Commit message text now wraps correctly inside of the commit message box.
- Several GPG-related bug fixes have been applied, including:
- All merge conflicts will now be signed after selecting the Sign commits by default checkbox.
- The error notification message will be more descriptive when attempting to generate a GPG key with a name not provided in a user’s profile.
- If using older versions of GPG, users will no longer encounter a
gpg: invalid option --pinentry-modeerror notification.
- Annotated tags on Windows will now be correctly signed.