- store (something) safely and secretly in a specified place.
- a secret store of something.
Thank you Webster. Now let's talk about how to save your changes for later with stashing.
Stash your changes by hitting the Stash icon in the top toolbar.
Your stash will appear on the graph. If you right click on the stash, you will be given the option to:
- Apply Stash: Applies the changes to your WIP and retains stash for reusability
- Pop Stash: Applies the changes to your WIP and then deletes your stash
- Delete Stash: Annihilates a stash
- Hide: Hides the selected stash from the commit graph
- Hide all stashes: Hides all stashes from the commit graph
- Show all stashes: Shows all stashes on the commit graph
If you only need to pop your stash, then use the Pop Stash button in the upper toolbar:
Stashing from the left panel
Your stashes will be available from the left panel for review. The same options to Apply, Pop, Delete, Hide, Hide all, or Show all are present too:
This is helpful for those times you cannot find your stash on the graph.
Naming a stash
To name your stash, type the desired name in the
// WIP field at the top of the graph.
The stash will now appear in the left panel and the graph with the desired name.