GitKraken allows you to authenticate with Bitbucket, which will help you find repos on Bitbucket when cloning or adding your remotes.
- Create repositories on Bitbucket account including .gitignore and license
- Easily generate an SSH key pair and copy to clipboard to add to Bitbucket
- Save authentication into profiles
- Clone from Bitbucket repo list
- Add remotes for Bitbucket repos
- Create and view Pull Requests
Connecting to Bitbucket
To authenticate with Bitbucket, navigate to the upper right corner to access Preferences Authentication.
From the Authentication window, select Bitbucket.com and then hit the button.
This will open a web browser where you will need to log in with your Bitbucket credentials to allow GitKraken access.
Upon login, you'll see a success message below and the connection will be active in GitKraken.
Generating SSH keys for Bitbucket.
GitKraken will use your local SSH Config from SSH Defaults to fetch and push to Bitbucket, unless you set up a Bitbucket-specific SSH key, or enable your local SSH Agent.
Once your Bitbucket account has been connected to GitKraken, you may then generate an SSH key and add it to your Bitbucket account from Preferences Authentication
Click and add the key to your Bitbucket account settings.