GitKraken allows you to connect to GitHub Enterprise, which will help you find repos when cloning or adding your remotes.
- Create repositories on GitHub Enterprise account including .gitignore and license
- Automatically generate an SSH key pair and add it to GitHub Enterprise
- Fork repositories from GitKraken
- Save authentication into profiles
- Clone from GitHub Enterprise repo list
- Add remotes for GitHub Enterprise repos
- Create and view Pull Requests
GitHub Enterprise Authentication
To authenticate with GitHub Enterprise, navigate to the upper right corner to access Preferences Integrations.
From the Authentication window, enter your Host Domain then click the Generate an access token on your URL link.
This opens a web browser where you next log in with your GitHub Enterprise credentials and generate an access token.
Copy your token to the clipboard as this is the only time you will see this token. Paste the token into GitKraken and click on .
Generating an SSH Key for GitHub Enterprise
Note 📝 - GitKraken uses your SSH key defined in Preferences SSH for git operations unless you set up a GitHub-specific SSH key, or enable your local SSH Agent.
Click the button and watch the magic happen.
Alternatively add existing SSH Defaults with or an existing key pair through Add existing SSH key.
Share these resources with your team to explain why collaborating with GitKraken is easier, and to get everyone up and running with GitHub and GitKraken quickly.